Wednesday, 23 October 2019

3rd week in Taipei, Taiwan

Helped a class pronounce the lyrics of a song called America by West Side Story as they will soon be performing in a competition next term. Not only did I need to help pronounce, I needed to sing it too. And I'm horrible at singing Ahah.



After playing the video game, Detention (返校), I was finally able to watch the movie adaptation on the big screen! Good, but I prefer the game ;) Cheers, Wei!

B


Almost everyday I sit with this guy Kevin to have lunch. He’s great. Sometimes we talk in English. Sometimes we talk in Chinese. And sometimes we talk via Google translate.


 













I was working in my office at the time when a student came by to give me a map of where all his classmates are from in Taiwan. Thanks?? 😆 My Chinese is not good enough to read names..





















I remember I was walking to class when I heard my name being called. "Teacher輝 Hello!!!" After that the same kids would run to the other side just to say Hi again. Lol! These kids <3

Um hello!
 Hello again!
Hiiii!!!

Had dinner with Sooyeon and then we walked down a bike path. Turns out we're both teachers! ^^ She's a Korean homeroom teacher in a Taipei Korean Elementary school. Interesting!
















Attended a biology lesson with class 727 and was able to mingle with these guys. All of whom are super sweet and funny 😂 They all let me do the experiments and all backed away when I was taking photos of the test tubes..etc



Met up with Mario and Susan to go to the Rabbit God temple, the temple where LGBT+ individuals can pray to find love. Whaaat. That's a thing? Yes, haha. Had some difficulty finding this place tho! It's no wonder the locals were telling us they've never heard of this place.

Susan wishing for Love & Happiness 
Picture with the Taoist
Met up with Guanting and he took us to some Taipei touristy places like Longshan Temple and Daan Park. Thanks Guanting! :) We had lots of fun




Until next time :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment