Sunday, 17 November 2019

6th week in Taipei, Taiwan

One of the cutest times my students asked to take photos with me was when one of the girl students asked her guy friends to ask me first because she was too shy. It's always embarrassing to have students ask me for photos in the office with all the other teachers around. But it's the good embarrassing. :)
















I organised a dinner meetup for some Facebook groups (SAT and SAL). Thank you to Caiti for her food suggestions! We had Rèchâo and then had desserts! It was nice to meet everyone :) Lol the restaurant booked our table under 外國人 (Foreigners) Hahaha. Afterwards we had shaved ice for desserts, also suggested by Caiti. Such a foodie! She knows all the good foods




My supervisor, Tobey, at the school also treated me to dinner. She invited her former co worker and student along as well. When I told Tobey these dishes were very expensive (1 dish costed 5 times the average meal) she told me, “not really”. 😂😂 Oh my goodness. Jay responded with “Not for you! 😂😂” Thank you for the meal Tobey! And it was nice to meet everyone :)



On my last day at Sanhe Junior High, I went from classroom to classroom to give out handwritten postcards and chocolates to show my gratitude for the staff that have taken care of me during this 6 weeks. Thank you to everyone ^^


Kay invited me to dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant in Shìlín along with some students, her daughter and Doris. Thank you again Kay 😊😊 Then went to the night market to play a few games. Didn’t manage to win any soft toys tho.


Students came into my office one time and asked me what I was doing the day before I departed from Taiwan. Told them I had no plans so they told me to meet at Sanhe Junior High MRT at 6pm. Haha! Sure thing! I took the MRT to Sanhe Junior High to meet class 929 students, who said they would take me around the Ráohé night market. Had lots of fun eating, taking photos and they bought me a key ring of Taiwan as well. So sweet of them 💛
















Woke up on the morning of my flight and Doris dropped by to give me breakfast. She also bought me Bánh mì (Vietnamese baguette) the other day as well. Thank you so much, Doris! She offered to read my future with tarot cards. It didn’t seem accurate for me. Something about a past worry and a future change. But hey, the pictures look cool. Met up with Tobey after so she could take me to the airport. Thank you! and thanks for willing to take photos with me!



2 comments: